Chef – Island Larder
Due to continued increase in trade, we are looking to recruit a full-time, permanent kitchen chef to work in our busy take away kitchen. The position will require you to work alongside our team in the day to day running of the kitchen. The food we serve is fresh and home made using local ingredients wherever possible. We have a simple menu, not a fine dining kitchen, so you don’t need to be a master chef, just someone who has a passion for good food that is well presented and tasty.
We are a grab and go type food business, creating and making great food for people with a busy lifestyle. We believe that customer experience is top priority and more than just popping in to get a quick lunch. We have a welcoming atmosphere and fantastic food, served with a smile. Our menus change with the seasons and throughout the day, and we always try to use locally sourced products whenever possible.
An enthusiastic and confident person, preferably with previous barista or serving experience, who enjoys being a team player. Must be willing to participate in all aspects of the day’s service from taking orders to washing the dishes. You will be able show initiative, assess situations and understand the value of great customer service.
You will be involved in a variety of duties, including;
- Food preparation and cooking
- Ordering and stock control
- Providing fast and friendly customer service at all times
- Ensuring kitchen is always kept clean and well-presented
- Ensuring and maintaining health and safety standards
- Keeping calm and organised whilst following recipes and procedures to a consistently high standard
- You will be required to work front of house occasionally, serving at the till and making coffee
What we can offer you;
- Competitive pay, based on experience and background
- Up to 28 days holiday pro rata
- Free hot drinks whilst on shift
- Contributory pension scheme upon completion of probation period
- Staff discount
- Training and development opportunities
If the above interests you, we'd be delighted to hear from you. Please send a short paragraph of around 100 words explaining why you are interested and suited to the role along with your current CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org